Below are our top 5 tips for April when Spring begins to kick in to full swing.
Gardening tips for April
- April is a great time to select and plant fruit trees and berry plants.
- Apply spring type of lawn fertilizer to help perk up the lawn and improve its over-all color and appearance. If there is moss growing in the lawn, use spring lawn fertilizer that has the moss-killer included, so you can do both jobs in one easy application.
- If you have a pond or pool you should set aquatic plants any time after the middle of the month.
- Plant annual seeds of asters, cosmos, marigolds, zinnias in the garden.
- As mowing becomes necessary, be certain that the blade is sharp to prevent tearing the grass tips. Set the blade on your lawnmower to cut the grass at 2 1/2 inches to avoid scalping.
Need more help and advice? Visit our gardening experts at the garden centre in Berkshire.